Tagged: intelligence bureau
What alternate media? Try some podcasts instead!
While the mainstream media paddles around in its reality-distortion field, peddling conspiracy theories from governments and globalists (such as ISIS or Climate Change) and distracting us with inane hearsay about celebutards, people are turning to alternative news websites and even podcasts for a proper perspective on what’s happening around us… Really? Are we now down to amateur MP3 recordings masquerading as media properties? Read on…
“A lie can travel halfway around the world while truth is still putting on its shoes” or so goes a quote attributed to Mark Twain. Rest assured that it is lies, not love, that makes the world go round. We live in an age of universal deceit. Big Brother is already here all but in name. Whatever George Orwell had predicted in 1984 or whatever Bertrand Russell prescribed in Icarus, or, the Future of Science has already been tried, tested and implemented in various parts of the world. In 1924, Bertrand Russel wrote:
The effects of psychology on practical life may in time become very great. Already advertisers in America employ eminent psychologists to instruct them in the technique of producing irrational belief; such men may, when they have grown more proficient, be very useful in persuading the democracy that governments are wise and good…
More sensational than tests of intelligence is the possibility of controlling the emotional life through the secretions of the ductless glands. It will be possible to make people choleric or timid, strongly or weakly sexed, and so on, as may be desired. Differences of emotional disposition seem to be chiefly due to secretions of the ductless glands, and therefore controllable by injections or by increasing or diminishing the secretions. Assuming an oligarchic organization of society, the State could give to the children of holders of power the disposition required for command, and to the children of the proletariat the disposition required for obedience. Against the injections of the State physicians the most eloquent Socialist oratory would be powerless. The only difficulty would be to combine this submissiveness with the necessary ferocity against external enemies; but I do not doubt that official science would be equal to the task.
In 1984, the totalitarian society of the future was divided into just three groups – elites (inner party), useful idiots (outer party), and slaves (proles). The most fitting example of such a society today is the one-party “democracy” called Singapore. There, only the rich (or elite) can own cars and buy land for residence. All others live in high-rise apartments. At a young age, students are channeled into two streams, the haves and the have-nots, based on their performance. The former are allowed to go to college and get white-collar jobs. They become the useful idiots. The latter can only get to polytechnic/vocation schools and eventually end up in blue-collar jobs (requiring manual labour). They are the slaves. The living costs including rent and transportation are high. Behinds its modern facade, you can just about manage to live in Singapore and be content. But, absolutely, no complaining. There are signs, posters and notices everywhere telling inhabitants what to do and what not to do. There is only one political party in town and that’s the ruling party. There is no independent media. No protests are allowed. Any gathering of more than two people in a public place needs a police permit. There are cameras and undercover agents everywhere. Judges order corporal punishment such as caning, whipping, and even whole-body confinement in a small box. The concrete jungle sticks plastic trees everywhere so that more cameras and notices could be hung on them.
One might argue that the Buddhist culture of the inhabitants makes them submissive and that it would be impractical in other parts of the world. Right? Beggar’s belief! Nobody is more enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Taking away whatever power that people have has become the main job of governments around the world. In the US, Obama is ruling by decree, issuing an unending stream of executive orders bypassing Congress. To make it a less of hassle, Obama has also allowed US federal agencies write their own rules. A good example of how this works can be learned from the Net Neutrality hullabaloo. Americans think Obama is on their side as he had opposed to any change in Net Neutrality. But, very few of them realize that it was he who who enabled the FCC rewrite and expand its mandate. In India, Modi is also doing the same with ordnances. Everyone is rushing to pander to corporates and special interests. Recently, the WTO ruled that Indian government should remove its restrictions on US poultry imports (citing avian flu concerns) because those restrictions were not based on an “international standards.” Who writes those international standards? Nameless faceless bureaucrats at the UN? Big corporations? Fascism means rule by corporates – not hounding Jews as most people falsely believe. There is no better way of bringing Fascism than by legislating every pursuit and vocation out of existence. The big tomes of most of the new laws passed by Democrat and Republican politicians at various levels in the United States are all written by one organization. I forget its name. The laws are designed to strip us off our God-given inalienable rights. The Land Acquisition Bill that is pending in the Indian Parliament is not the only one. Several of them are being pushed along or have already become law in various countries. How come all of them are moving in the same direction? The 100 smart cities that Modi promised are just rehashed versions of dense megacities like Hong Kong or Shanghai that globalists have long promoted to corral human populations into. In the pink papers, there is lot of talk about the need for land banks and the one-time stamp duty exemption sought for Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by the new set of “technocrats” who have sailed in with Modi. These are one of many vehicles to dispossess people of their land. This kind of subterfuge requires a submissive unquestioning public. So, the old game of divide-and-rule works has been put to good effect to distract the public – males against females, homosexuals against heterosexuals, liberals against conservatives, children against parents … not just Hindus vs Muslims or Muslims vs Jews or Christians. To top it all, there is also the locals-vs-foreigners exploit to distract us. In the United States, transit through airports has become a privacy nightmare for American citizens and legitimate travelers because of the naked-body x-ray scanners and abusive TSA personnel but the southern border with Mexico has been thrown up to all kinds of illegal immigrants from Latin America. Apparently, no terrorist has yet been able to locate a travel agent in Mexico! Terrorists can come only by air; never over land. European countries have also been inundated with immigrants – Muslim and African refugees from the America’s perpetual “War on Terror”. Anyone who opposes this sly demographic attack on White Christians is called a racist or xenophobe. Decades of guilt-tripping the Whites by writers, journalists, and talking heads has made it easy for politicians to openly state that the locals are too laid back (in other words fools) and growth can only come if legal and illegal immigrants are let in. (NYT, Thomas Friedman, http://www.deccanherald.com/content/291398/more-time-hope-amp-reform.html) This has ensured that White Christians are being reduced to a minority in many cities. This goes on even as various outfits promote abortion, delayed child birth, birth control and for what it’s worth homosexualism among White Christian populations. Interestingly, while Jewish organizations and individuals are at the forefront of support for all kinds of immigration in the West, Israel seems to have had no problem evicting black African immigrants! (https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=5750629 , https://moralvolcano.wordpress.com/2014/01/13/it-is-okay-for-israel-to-get-rid-of-illegal-immigrants-but-not-for-america/) Then, there is the drugging problem. People in the West are over-medicated. Hormones and antibiotics in food has ensured that the population is overweight from a young age. This is a self-reinforcing cycle that does wonders to the balance sheets of pharma companies. Big Pharma has not even spared children. (It is a high-growth market!) A huge number of American kids have been wrongly diagnosed as suffering from autism, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder and other psychological ailments and doped up. (Most psychotropic drugs are based on narcotics. Many of these people become dependent on drugs later in life and become delinquent.) Nurses in schools aren’t there to just administer first aid but they also do psychological profiling. In reality, they have become just another conduit for medicine sales. Speaking of schools, well, do you know that many American schools have cops stationed inside the premises? Activism by NGOs and legislative bodies have ensured that a school’s major concern is dealing with paperwork and non-educational activities. It is all coming to India, don’t worry. We need to be on par with “international standards.”
For someone who follows international news and has read a few history books, this is all quite apparent. But, for the majority of my people, I am saddened to note that they see nothing amiss. Once in a while, they find something wrong but they rarely think there is a concerted effort to subvert society as a whole. Most of my countrymen don’t read newspapers. The ones who do only skim the headlines. This is bad because editors typically rewrite headlines to make them seem less controversial and journalists hide the juicy stuff somewhere in the middle or the last paragraph. In the 90s, I used to visit the British Library regularly and I got to read several of their newspapers. At that time, British newspapers were hyperventilating about a few select crime cases. Every newspaper was literally screaming bloody murder. They seemed to be competing with each other as to who sounded the most outraged. Today, there are cameras all over the UK (even in dressing rooms and homes) and jails have been privatized. Law enforcement and judiciary works to keep the jails full at all times. (Of course, the financial terrorists in the City of London can commit no crime. HSBC had helped international drug cartels and terrorists to launder billions of dollars but no HSBC banker has gone to jail.) Legislators, for their part, have been busy writing new laws to make almost everything a crime. Even more appalling, child protection services take advantage of the slightest of excuses to grab children from their parents and put them in foster homes or government institutions (where many of them have been abused). Already, divorce rates are high and by 2016 most children will be born out of wedlock. They did not even spare the elderly. Doctors were used to implement a fiendish scheme called Liverpool Care Pathway and thousands of elderly patients were put to death. They were wrongly and prematurely declared to be dying, and then sedated and starved to death. (Daily Mail; Euthanasia by the back door: Hospitals ‘death pathway’ is open to error; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1210848/Terminally-ill-care-scheme-death-pathway-warn-experts.html)
When I am reading papers today, I see that the same thing is happening in India. Bit by bit, almost like clockwork, everything seems to be falling into place. I don’t know if there is a way to prevent India from joining the list of broken nations but we can definitely prevent ourselves from lending support for our own downfall. A good way to start would be to read newspapers and avoid watching TV news channels. When you watch TV news, you become a passive consumer of propaganda. The news flows by you. You cannot hit pause and return to a previous paragraph. It does not let you think. When you read newspapers, don’t just read the local news or the sports/entertainment section; read the international news too. Try to read a bit of business news even if you don’t understand all of it initially. Follow international news on the Internet too. A single newspaper may not provide all the news you need or be interested in. Use RSS feeds to keep track of news from multiple sources on subjects that matter to you. For example, to keep track of GMO and monsanto in India, you can do a search for the subject in a news aggregator site such as Bing News (not Google News) and then find the RSS feed. The feed reader will then update you whenever a new article has been published on the subject anywhere on the Web.
Besides the online versions of newspapers, there are bloggers and specialist news websites that can provide a different perspective on a particular subject. Then, there are podcasts… Well, I wanted to write this article as an introduction to a few podcasts that I listen to but this has turned into a long rant. Anyway, it could be a good introduction. I wanted to write this article around the time when I released by Android browser app. The app had a RSS feed reader with podcast support but most Indians do not know what podcasts are. Podcasts are popular in the United States but not in India not many people have heard them. The podcasts that I am reviewing here may not be dealing with the truth, the whole truth or nothing but the truth but they can definitely give you an international perspective on what is happening in India. Once you learn how to decipher news from propaganda, you can be on your own. Anyway, here is the list:
- Webster G Tarpley: I had an image of Tarpley’s book Bush: An unauthorized biograpy on my blog for several years until I moved it to WordPress. The book is available free on Tarpley’s site. It is all about Bush Sr. and what a screwy character he was even before he became CIA director, VP and POTUS. There is a chapter on some assassination (Kennedy or Reagan) which is not available online. Anyway, it was a fascinating read years ago. To properly understand the book, you must also have read Victor Marchetti’s CIA and the Cult of Intelligence in which you learn that CIA runs drugs for right-wing rebels in South America, supplied Naga ultras with weapons in India, and airlifted prostitutes to IndoChina. William Blum’s Rogue Superpower would also help. Blum also documents how US government had tested chemical and biological weapons on civilian areas in the United States. Rogue Superpower has extensive footnotes and everything can be cross-checked with newspaper archives. It is so good that even Osama bin Laden quoted him in one of his video tapes. If those non-fiction books are too much for you, then I suggest you go with a fiction primer – novels from the now forgotten Jonathan Black who wrote books such as The World Rapers, MegaCorp, The Plunders, and The Carnage Merchants. If you read them, you will be able to make sense of the Boko Haram massacres, Rwandan genocide and the many Syrian “carnages”. Anway, I learned sometime last year that Tarpley had a podcast. Tarpley also appears on the Iranian Press TV and the Russian RT. Unlike the rest of this list, Tarpley is a regular scholar with a PhD. He is a historian and speaks several languages. He had worked in Italy/Moscow where I think he mentioned a retired KGB general met him and gave him a lot of information for further investigation. It seems to have helped him write something on the American hit on Italian president Aldo Moro and also about Bush family. He also written book on 911 and Obama. 911 Synthetic Terror is the better one, where he has reviewed every bit available evidence and looked at all possible angles. The Obama book is a disappointment in comparison. His language is clean, except when he refers to chocolate king and Western puppet Poroshenko of Ukraine as Pornoshenko. Tarpley was an associate of Lyndon LaRouche. LaRouche runs the Executive Intelligence Review (EIR), which publishes a lot of good commentary on strategic affairs. William Engdahl also writes for EIR. LaRouche has documented a lot of material critical of Jews and/or Israel and blamed them for everything ill with the world. (Not many people realize the global kleptocracy is run by people from all races and religions.) As a result, LaRouche he was ignored by mainstream media when he ran for US presidency. (They wouldn’t even mention that he was in the race.) Tarpley now supports the Tax Wall Street Party and other small groups that are trying hard to fight the two-party system that works more or less like the World Wrestling Entertainment company. Tarpley recommends a small transactions tax on financial trades, as a way of making Wall Street pay something. He has also taken up the cause of a Rev. Pinkney, who has seems to have been incarcerated by the owners of WhirlPool corporation. Apparently, a black-majority company town had been taken over by the corporation. They managed to do this by making the town pay for a white elephant water infrastructure project, underwritten by Wall Street. The project made the town bankrupt and it was put under the financial administration of a Wall Street lackey by the governor of Michigan state. One of the tactics used by the town to terrorize black residents was to grab children when water bills were not paid. When the bills were not paid, the water supply was cut off. The water company then informed the child protection services who reasoned that children would be starving if there was no water. This went on for a while until Rev Pinkney started organizing the community. They turned the pipes back on after the officials turned them off. This got him on the wrong side of the corporation, which wanted take over the town for real-estate projects. When Pinkney tried to organize a recall petition against the mayor, the corporation/administration found some issues with the documentation and then arrested him for falsifying the papers. Since then, Pinkney has been in jail fighting his case.
Obama, who makes political capital out of any race issue, has been of no help. Nobody from the mainstream media has taken otice. The black residents of Benton Harbor has been thrown to the whims of a corporation. Tax Wall Street Party is fighting his case and survives on small donations. Tarpley canvases support from listeners. At other times, Tarpley digs up a lot of little info that seems otherwise impossible to find. I learned from his show that Victoria Nuland’s real name was Victoria Noodleman and that Ed Snowden originally worked for the CIA before he went to work for NSA. There are no ads in this podcast. There is some humour in the podcast, the sauve sophisticated kind but he keeps it to a minimum. For some stupid reason, he supports illegal immigrants and thinks infrastructure projects (white elephants) are good way of creating jobs. He hates all republicans and just about tolerates democrats. Tarpley was opposed to Romney as a future President and went into great lengths as to why he might be the prophesied Mormon conduit to take over America. Mormonism was started by an outrageous polygamist American named Joseph Smith and taken forward by another polygamist named Brigham Young. It borrowed a lot of ideas from Christian Bible, Talmud, Freemasonry, Eastern mythology and what seems like his Smith’s fertile imagination. Joseph Smith created a new Bible called Book of Mormon. He tried to run for US presidency and was lynched to death for his troubles. On all other counts, I agree with Tarpley.
- William (Bill) Cooper: Cooper is no longer with us. He was killed in a shootout with the police after there were complaints that he brandished a gun at some troublemakers near his residence. Cooper was an officer in the military when he says he stumbled up on some government documents that lead him to the world of conspiracies. Later, he started broadcasting on short wave and focused on globalist kleptocracy, secret societies, history, Bible, Jesus and other matters. In many broadcasts, he quotes extensively from published and secret archives of secret societies. These broadcasts are now archived on his site as audio files. In these files, you will hear him gold (not gold funds or company shares) and dried emergency food supplies to fund his operation. He also encouraged others to follow him and showed how they could use short wave broadcasts to bypass the mainstream media filter.
- Alex Jones: He is the enfant terrible of the conspiracy world and he is probably the most successful. When I first heard about him, I went to WikiPedia where it was said that he had foreseen 911 in a vision. I thought he was a crackpot and forgot all about him until I saw the video of him falling on Piers Morgan like a tonne of bricks. I instantly liked him. I tried to listen to his podcast on InfoWars.com but found him to be speaking in an extremely agitated manner with absolutely no humour. Strangely, I mentioned this to someone and sometime after that Alex Jones started adding a bit of humour in his broadcasts. He played some extra music and made himself a bit more tolerable. The USP of his shows are his guests. Government employees, whistleblowers, and victims of government/corporate wrongdoing come on him and pour their heart out. His sites are visited by millions of readers and he gets a lot of tips and disinfo. Jones has all the conspiracies on his fingertips and it is very difficult for people to bamboozle him. His show has a lot of ads including male/female enhancement pills, dried food stuff (emergency food rations for future economic collapse/shutdown), and water filters for removing flouride, chlorine and other chemicals put in by utilities. He also has a fledgling news team. They do create original material and cover news stories that mainstream media tries to avoid such as the open border gates at the Mexico border. One day, I saw a TV documentary where a crocodile taking a neat bite off the back of some beast. The next day, Alex Jones quotes Churchill and recreates the same scene I saw on TV. Maybe we both saw the same documentary on the same day but it was too freaky. I stopped listening afterwards. Jones tries hard to be recognized like a legitimate news source but he can’t help peddling strange stories about the elites. He vehemently denies this when people in the mainstream media mock him with their own made-up stories about him, say, about giant bats residing under the United Nations building. However, I remember one episode in which he said he met Karl Rove, the Bush advisor/mentor, at a party. He says Rove made some strange noises that made him doubt he was really a human being. Jones says Rove would speak like a normal human being at one moment and make some weird animal-like noises in the next. Jones said he was overwhelmed by a desire to flee and their meeting did not last long afterwards. He is also on record stating that he had sneaked into Bohemian Grove where the elites of the world perform satanic rituals. (He took a photo to prove it.) Although people in the mainstream media mock him, he says Hollywood regularly consults him on their film projects. Like many people in this list, Jones operates out of Austin in the right-to-work state of Texas. Alex Jones has hinted there are people in his family who were probably Freemasons (they had showed him the ceremonial dress). He has also stated that there are people in his family with military and intelligence background. Bill Cooper, the original conspiracy theory broadcaster had awarded Alex Jones a crazy nutball award.
- Texe Marrs: What I know about Texe Marrs is from what he has said about himself. He used to work in the US Air Force. He was for sometime assigned with the task of keeping track of advanced technologies with military implications. Then, he says he had a calling and became a preacher. He also was taught at psychology at some Texas university. He has written several books on Freemasonry and other satanists/globalists. He has also produced videos on the “evil elites”. He is the only one in this list who dares to name the Rothschilds as a purveyor of evil but he however doesn’t say they are the sole purveyor of all evil. Someone listening out of context to his shows might mistake him for a Jew-hater. Even I thought so but Marrs pulls no punches and calls a spade a spade. Sometimes, there is no two ways of dealing with a subject and the Jews in question are guilty as charged. Marrs is a Christian first and foremost. A Muslim or a Hindu might be offended by what he says sometimes – that we worship the Devil. But, he is a preacher and that’s his brief. Marrs also publishes several books on his own that mainstream publishers wouldn’t dare to touch. Protestantism founder Martin Luther’s Jews and their Lies would be a good example. He also sells cassette tapes and CDs of his podcasts. His ministry also runs a children’s home and says all profits from his publications goes to his ministry. His podcasts are very entertaining, as he reviews the news and technologies used to enslave us. However, he also covers the use of sexual perversion in secret societies and the use of sex baits and blackmail by Israeli organizations in the United States. This makes it awkward to listen to his podcasts in the presence of others, particularly women and children. Being a preacher, his language is clean, although I have heard him once tell someone to shove his filthy ideas where the sun doesn’t shine. Texe Marrs also works from Austin. He was opposed to Mitt Romney as a presidential candidate. Romney is a leader of the Mormon community and many including Marrs feared he would promoted by the influential group as the prophesied Mormon messiah who would drive America to an extreme (with the US Constitution “hanging by a thread”) and then “save” it sealing the fate of Mormonism as the prevailing faith in all Christendom. It did not pan out and Obama got reelected. On all other matters, I agree with Texe Marrs.
- Max Keiser: Max is not a podcaster. He has his own show on the Russian broadcaster RT. He was for a brief time with BBC World News. The Keiser Report videos are available on his blog MaxKeiser.com. Max focuses on the financial terrorists of Wall Street and City of London and explores their scams and scandals. Max was a trader on Wall Street and later hosting shows related to entertainment and stocks. His shows are extremely entertaining and hilarious. His show features Stacy Herbert in the first half where they review news items that rarely get attention in the West, for example, Western funds investing millions of dollars on non-existing Chinese firms or Davos running out of limousines and aircraft parking space during the climate change summit. Max sometimes makes off-color jokes. In the latter half, he interviews a financial analyst or commentator. Both parts are extremely entertaining and informative. He also engages in activism. Max is also friends with Alex Jones and George Galloway. It is difficult to gauge how serious he is with his campaigns. For example, he wanted his followers to buy silver to short JP Morgan’s position on the metal. JP Morgan manages the gold reserves of several countries. It wouldn’t have matter if half-a dozen countries ganged up to short JP Morgan. JP Morgan stole Iraq’s central bank and Libya’s central bank. Ukraine’s gold is said to have disappeared. The other issue with Max is bitcoin. Bitcoin is every bit as opaque as the Federal Reserve’s or Bank of England’s IOU system of money. Why would bitcoin be a better option? One of the reasons why bitcoin was touted as safe was that no government could confiscate your bitcoins. This has proved to be false. One bitcoin exchange have collapsed after hackers stole their bitcoins. A contrabran drug site using bitcoins as currency was taken down by US Feds who now have become the biggest holder of bitcoins. Given the way Max promotes bitcoin, I have come to think that he is the notorious Satoshi Nakamoto, the alleged founder of bitcoin. Before becoming a broadcaster, Max Keiser created virtual currencies for his Hollywood Stock Exchange, that is, back in 1996.
- No Agenda: This started with “no jingles, no music and no agenda.” Now, it has all three. It was the first podcast that I began listening to and it is very entertaining. Former MTV VJ and podcasting pioneer* Adam Curry teamed up with PC Magazine columnist John C Dvorak to start this podcast as freewheeling conversation about news and stuff. At that time, Curry was living with his first wife in London. He was also running his company Podshow/Mevio with VC money. (It recently ran out of money recently and shut shop. Curry admitted that there was no way to make money of a network of podcast shows.) To me, it seems that he had upset someone in the kleptocracy with his conspiracy stuff and they seemed to have blown the lid of his affair with another woman. It lead to his divorce and he started soliciting donations for the show. After his divorce, he started living with his new girlfriend. And, they seemed to have dived head first into conspiracy world, living off very much like Alex Jones fans – water filters and dried food. In one episode, the conversation goes like this:
AC: And I… I got to tell you. I like David Ike. I buy into a lot of what he is talking about but I have never… I’ve always had a little… little bit of trouble with the reptile stuff. From time to time…
JCD: It does explain a lot though like… I mean THEY LIVE FOREVER, THESE…THESE… ROYAL FAMILY… NOBODY EVER DIES PREMATURELY.
AC: THEY ARE BUTT-UGLY…
JCD: THEY ARE BUTT-UGLY. THEY ALL GO TO THE MAX. … GO TO THE OLDEST. ONE OF THE NON-REPTILIAN MOVES IN WITH THE FAMILY AND THEY’RE MURDERED!
Today, Curry is much wiser but doesn’t like Alex Jones anymore for he is a competitor. He still uses one of their water filters but that’s it. Like many others in this list, Curry now operates from Austin, Texas. The show is more more entertaining than ever. AC and JCD compete with each other and review the news – American, international, tech, entertainment and others. It was from No Agenda that I learned that most vaccines use mercury or aluminum as a preservative or that the FBI had a three-week cycle of releasing news about a terrorist plot to attack the United States that the helped (conceive and) foil. These were stuff that slipped past mainstream journalists. There are not many places on the Internet where you can listen to AP reporter Matt or British politician Nigel Farage speak the truth. The show is not suitable for listening in the company of others, certainly not among women or children.
- Tax Justice Network: I started listening to this very recently. The voice of the presenter is so smooth that it could have been created by a computer.
- Gnu World Order: This podcast is not about the odious New World Odour people. It is a podcast about Linux and FOSS alternatives for a No World Order in computing.
Nalini, Murugan, Perarivalan & other Rajiv killers will become millionaires (Pound Sterling) when they’re released & emigrate to London
Where British Intelligence will pay them off with media and publishing contracts.
LTTE assassination B-team Adhirai (in case Dhanu failed) was let off by the CBI. She emigrated to Switzerland and married a fellow conspirator.
CBI also did not investigate who (in the government, probably the Intelligence Bureau) was giving the one-eyed Sivarasan phone updates on Rajiv Gandhi’s movements, particularly after his plane was delayed.
One of the accused IB man is now West Bengal governor.
Can you believe the coal mining lizards? They can buy a tonne of coal for just Rs 700-1000 & still complain its expensive!
Lakhs of crores of coal went to China for years through our ports without any bureaucratic hurdle or policy paralysis! Customs, port authorities and all the intelligence agencies were in the dark about it, we are supposed to believe. They’re all robbing the country day in and day out, whichever party is in power, and they still complain.
Nashik Security Press requires Currency Designer – Telgi, NCP politicians, Intelligence Bureau officials need not apply
Vinod Mehta, a closet-communist and former Outlook India editor, dead
An ad guy and not a journalist, Mehta used to work for lad mag Debonair. He acquired some respectability later in life as founder-editor of Outlook/Pioneer. Even then, he was harassed by governments, particularly that of former PM Vajpayee, former National Security Advisor Brajesh Mishra and possible former Home minister LK Advani.
Outlook and Open were were the only two news organizations that published transcripts of Niira Radia tapes. What does that tell you about our freedom of Indian media. If the then National Security Advisor and former IB director MK Narayanan took great pleasure and interest in credit card spends of top editors, then there was definitely some impact. (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Narayanan-kept-tabs-on-top-editors-credit-cards-Baru/articleshow/33713132.cms)
Anyway, last year, Mehta wrote a well-received memoirs in which he exposed the pettiness of big-name politicians, industrialists and even riff-raff such as Shobaaaa De.
Although he retired from day-to-day editorship of the magazine, he continued to be “editor-at-large”. He then sought to make us agree that we should sacrifice OUR freedom for the greater common good. If he had said we should ban Facebook or Twitter, then he would have been right. But he preferred to hit our freedoms, despite being a journalist.
Maybe some idiots end up as terrorists because of Twitter or Facebook but most do so for cold-hard cash. Governments do the recruiting and big banks around the world do the financing. What good is it that after several years in journalism, you don’t get this truth?
And, the BJP operatives who spread rumours against North-Easterners were not terrorists in the truest sense.
Twitter and Facebooks are not vehicles of freedom of expression. These sites indulge in algorithmic censorship and dog-train users with likes, retweets and other treats for submissive non-complaining behaviour. Control-freak governments and idiotic-advertisers unaware of the short attention span of the users love these sites, as the stooges volunteer all data about themselves and their contacts instead of operating under the relative cloak of anonymity that blogs provide.
Well, that was my only grouse. Vinod Mehta was not a great journalist but simply by doing his duty as a professional he towered over others in the industry. I liked reading Outlook while I subscribed to it. The Intelligence Bureau donkeys started eating my copies and I could not subscribe anymore.
Book Review: வாத்யார் எம். ஜி. ஆரின் வாழ்க்கை – Vathiyar – MGRin Vazhkai – Kizhakku Pathipagam
For a long time, until I switched to Rajnikanth, MGR was my favorite hero. Besides, that MGR is a Malayali. So, I bought this book 6 years late at the Bangalore Book Fair of 2014.
By a strange coincidence, I had just finished reading another book from the same publishers, Kizhakku Pathipagam (www.NHM.in). I bought that book some years ago but found time to read it only recently. It was ராஜீவ் கொலை வழக்கு (Rajiv Assasination Case). In that book, the author Raghothaman mentions a name – Suba Sundaram, an accused in the Rajiv assasination case and the one who gave the first leads in the investigation. Raghothaman mentions this guy as a man well-known to top politicians, journalists and VIPs in the 80s. Now, I know to what extent.
In page 118 of வாத்யார், the author R Muthukumar mentions that the flag of ADMK (now AIADMK) was designed in the studio of Suba Sundaram. There were many such interesting tidbits in the book. I marked a few:
- MGR’s father was from Nallepalli in Palakkad District. MGR’s father was a teacher and later a judge. His judgements against some relatives and friends created problems later and he left for Ceylon to start life in Kandy. Unfortunately, he died while MGR was just 3. Except for his older brother Chakrapani, other siblings died from childhood diseases and poverty. His mother came to Madras to live with some help from a relative. Unable to beat poverty, his mother sent both her kids to work in a drama company. Both of them worked in drama as it offered free food. Later when they got serious roles, they got paid. Eventually, they moved to films. Now, this left me in doubt as to why Jayakanthan named his biography of MGR as சினிமாவுக்கு வந்த சித்தாளு (The mason who came to Cinema).
- MGR and Sivaji Ganesan competed with each other. However, I was disappointed to read on page 65 that MGR made deals with film producers to keep Sivaji out of their pictures.
- MGR was harrassed by the central government on IT and FERA (forex) issues. In page 104, it is mentioned that in 1992, Junior Vikatan published a series of articles under the title போலீஸ் மனிதர்கள் (literally Police Men). In one of the articles, a retired intelligence official recounts that MGR’s split from DMK was helped in great deal by the Centre and the harassment meted out to him was to make him seek Indira’s help.
- Indian government started 10 armed groups against Sri Lanka. Of these 5 were well armed – EPRLF, TELO, PLOT, EROS and LTTE, and were receiving training in secret camps all over India. LTTE’s Prabhakaran was holed up in Tamil Nadu. Prabhakaran knew that India was using these groups to obtain leverage with Sri Lanka and that Eelam independence was not its goal, and was not very suspicious of Indian governments intentions. The weapons supplied to the groups were of a light useless variety. Of late, Indian government seemed to be favouring groups other than LTTE. There were shootouts between them but the police were not allowed to put them in jail. MGR and central goverment ensured that they went unharmed.
- MGR invited the five groups to meet him. To trump that, Karunanidhi invited them meet him before they went to MGR. MGR withdrew invitation to those three groups. LTTE was not one of them. They read the political situation accurately and did not go to Karunanidhi. MGR and LTTE’s Anton BalaSingham and others hit off splendidly with MGR. MGR asked them if they wanted anything. Anton Balasingham said they wanted 2 crores, which seemed big for them but small for MGR. Anyway, MGR asked them to come to his Parangimalai (now St. Thomas Mount) residence at night. There, in an underground floor, accessed by a lift, MGR had a room full of suitcases with two guards watching the stash! LTTE took that money to Europe and brought a shipment of arms to Madras, where the customs impounded it. MGR got it released. Prabhakaran gave MGR an AK-47 as a gift.
- When a SAARC summit was held in India, Indian government asked TN govt to disarm the Tamil groups to remove threat to the Sri Lankan President who would be visiting. MGR’s police asked all Tamil groups to surrender their weapons, and after the SAARC summit gave all the weapons to LTTE!.
- DMK’s rise to power can be solely attributed to MGR. Despite all the dramas, films, and screenplays and actors who tried to win over Tamil Nadu with Dravidian ideology, DMK could not win many seats. With MGR’s films and campaigning DMK started winning more seats but not enough to win form government. Kamaraj’s Congress was entrenched in Tamil Nadu. Things changed when actor MR Radha, a DK veteran, shot MGR. During the trial, MR Radha mysteriously claimed that he killed MGR because he thought MGR planned to kill Kamaraj, an arch enemy of DK and DMK! DMK used the photograph of a bandaged MGR filing his nomination on posters all over Tamil Nadu and won the election.
Later, I did some search on what happened to MR Radha after he shot MGR. I found this interesting account by Dr. Abraham Sukumar who was the duty surgeon at the Royapettah GGH on that evening when Radha shot MGR.
THE DAY M.R.RADHA SHOT MGR
Thursday 12 January 1967
I was duty assistant surgeon for the day in the Govt Royapettah Hospital, Madras. I was in my room after evening OP. It had been an unusually quiet day. Traffic accidents in that busy residential district and on the main arterial Mount Road that runs close by usually come straight to GRH. In those days general surgeons had to see all surgical emergences for though Orthopaedics, ENT and other departments existed they did not have sufficient number of assistants for night duty postings. At about 5 PM the casualty medical officer called wanting me to come urgently to the department. ‘MGR has been brought here after a shooting accident,’ he said.
I was in the casualty soon after. The familiar figure of MGR was on one of the two couches of the casualty theatre. Without makeup and wig he looked more handsome than he did on the screen. I asked him what happened and he said that M.R. Radha (the popular movie villain/comedian) had shot him in the ear. I had come with the notion that during film shooting an accident had occurred. Apparently it was not an accident and the shooting was not with camera by with a gun. I examined the ear wound. There was tattooing round the entry wound indicating that the nozzle of the gun was almost touching the skin when the trigger was pulled.
For a person who has received a bullet into his head from such close quarters MGR was quite comfortable. He was not agitated by an event that could well have ended his life and there is no doubt that the passage of the bullet into the sensitive tissues of the back of the throat would have been severely discomforting. But his total nonchalance was quite remarkable. In true life he proved to be the as much the hero he was on the silver screen.
MGR could hear my watch in the affected ear and there was no facial paralysis His familiar voice was unchanged. Some weeks later when he emerged from hospital his voice was slurred. As the first doctor to have seen him after the injury I can say with certainty that the nerve damage that caused the slurring was not by the bullet. (The Wikipedia entry that says he was shot in the throat and that affected his voice is incorrect.)
The casualty officer now came in with the news that M.R. Radha the person who had shot MGR was being wheeled into the casualty. It appears that he had shot himself in the temple after shooting MGR. I moved to the passage. Radha lay on the stretcher eyes open and alert. He spoke in his familiar rasping voice.
“Naan thaan sutteen. Policeukku statement koduthacchu.” (I was the one who shot. I have given statement to the police.)
There was a bullet entry hole in the temple and a swelling surrounding the wound. Both had been shot from close quarters but other than the entry wound neither had any other demonstrable damage to their tissues. The bullets had lodged in the tissues for there were no exit wounds. Later it came to be known that the pistol and bullets had remained unused for years. As I was examining him Radha spoke again. In movies he had two voices. His usual voice was the rasping one. He had another shriller voice much loved by audiences that he used for his punch lines. He now spoke in that voice.
“Are any of you Brahmins?” he asked. Even though he was a high profile member of E.V. Ramaswamy Periyar’s anti-Brahmin DK party it was very surprising that a man who had just tried to kill himself should raise that question. In trauma wards accident victims cowering with fear or being hysterical is a common sight. Here two men with fresh bullets in their heads were unconcerned about it. Show business must be a good training ground for meeting crises in life. A lifetime spent pandering to the unpredictable tastes of the fickle public is good training ground for political life too. When actors take to political leadership no doubt they do well. Radha soon found himself on the other couch next to where MGR lay. There were only two couches in the casualty. The aggressor and victim lay hardly a metre from each other. This is not an uncommon situation in hospital trauma wards. It never causes problems.
It was then that I noted that the news had spread and a crowd was gathering. In fact in that short while the crowd had become quite dense. The hospital compound was kept relatively free by police but Westcott road in front of the hospital was jam packed and blocked by a mass of humanity. People packed the veranda and terrace of the YMCA building opposite. Senior police officers were active in the casualty. Leading Madras doctors appeared as if by magic though none was called in consultation except my chief Dr. Saratchandra. The ENT surgeon appeared with his head mirror. He demanded that his name must be entered in the accident register. ‘I must be called to court to give evidence,’ he said. The desire for publicity is not confined to those in the show business. MGR personal doctor Dr. B.R. Subramanium now joined the team that had unofficially formed. With the hospital superintendent Dr. M.V. Krishamurthi in charge my role as duty surgeon was not mine anymore not that there was anything to be done in the casualty. I saw to it that only medical personal entered the casualty theatre.
There were two unusual visitors. A middle aged woman of a rural cast rushed in anxiously asking if Radha was in danger. The nurse assured her that he was not and sent her away with some difficulty. Soon another woman came in with the same agitated query. We reassured her also of Radha’s safety and sent her away. Off duty nurses from the quarters now came in a group to see the matinee idol suitably dressed for the occasion. I asked them to have a peep and then go away lest they be mistaken for M.R. Radha’s friends. They took the hint and left.
Four men were standing at the casualty theatre door in clear view of the patients. They stood there with respect to hospital regulations without trying to get in though they would have been bursting with desire to have a word with MGR. Three of them I recognized. One was actor Asokan. He was visibly upset. The other was C.N. Annadurai head of the DMK party of which MGR was a prominent member and was in fact a candidate in the election due shortly. Standing by his side was M. Karunanithi. I have attended C.N. Annadurai’s meetings and heard his fiery speeches. I have not seen M. Karunanithi before. He was youthful and handsome and in spite of his relatively small size had a presence. They stood there quite calm and collected. If anyone had told me at that moment that three future Chief Ministers of Tamilnadu were in within metres of each other in that small space I would have put that man down as a lunatic.
The DMK party was then not a force in Madras state politics. (It was not Tamilnadu then. Annadurai had it renamed Tamilnadu in 1968). The seats they won in successive assembly elections were too small for them to make an impact as an opposition. In every election the people voted Kamaraj’s Congress into power by large majorities. It was not expected to be different in the election that was due in a month’s time. The DMK was so sure of NOT winning that their leader C.N. Annadurai was standing not for the state assembly as a prospective Chief Ministers would but for the Lok Sabha.
Kamaraj however had no doubts of the results. Injured in a car accident he lay in a Tirunelveli hospital. When reporters asked him if his absence in campaigning will affect his party he made one of those statements one can never live down: ‘I can win lying in my hospital bed,’ he said. What happened is history. Kamaraj lost his seat to an unknown DMK candidate as did the Chief Minister M Bakthavatsalam and other Congress stalwarts. The DMK won in a landslide. Politicians and pundits, the losers and particularly the victors had no clue of why it happened. Bakthavatsalam said that a virus has affected the voters. (When the public objected he said that he really meant not virus but bacteria!) Kamaraj said they will abide by the decision of the electorate as if he had a choice.
But why did Congress lose? What happened between the previous election and this election that voters should change preferences so drastically? Apparently one has to think ‘out of the box’ which many learned political commentators did not. Something very significant had in fact happened in between. Nehru was dead (1964) his successor Lal Bahadur Shastri had passed away too (1966) and Nehru’s daughter Indira was the Prime Minister. The passing of Nehru was a factor of utmost importance but it could not be the complete answer for after all Tamilnadu Congress was not bereft of leadership. The gigantic figure of Kamaraj, now an All-India figure, was dominating the political scene.
Kamaraj and others of his party gradually veered to the view that the result of the election was an aberration that they can set aright in the next election. Kamaraj, a master in tactics, left no stone unturned. Recognising the value of association with the movie world in politics he recruited Sivaji Ganesan to his cause. He organized DMK type rallies and processions and when five years later the next election was on he was prepared. Kamaraj had reason to hope for reversal of fortune. Intelligence gathered by the civil service and the police showed a strong trend towards a Congress victory so much so that the Chief Secretary Royappa and the Inspector General of police Mahadevan were emboldened to visit Kamaraj in his home and garland him. (This childish gesture effectively ended their careers.)
On the last day of electioneering Kamaraj organized a meeting in the beach. A crowd of a million for a political meeting had never gathered in marina beach before or since. On the podium were Kamaraj and Rajaji. The finale was dramatic with Rajaji planting a tilak on Kamaraj’s forehead in a blessing of victory. Once again the prediction of pundits went wrong; DMK won in a landslide. The writing was on the wall for the Congress party. It now had no choice but to accept a peripheral status in Tamilnadu politics and there the party has remained for the four decades that have followed.
A strange phenomenon that occurred after the election may give a clue of what went wrong with the Congress. Swarms of common people from all over the state descended on Fort St. George walking the Secretariat corridors and the halls with the confidence of people who owned the place. They seemed to feel it was now their government. Kamaraj and his mostly bureaucratic type cabinet colleagues were aloof from the public. They gave good government, efficient and incorruptible, but then so had the British.
Back in GRH it was apparent that the patients needed to be in the General Hospital. Soon a convoy led by a lorry packed with MGR fans with the president of the fans association standing on top shouting slogans left for General Hospital. Westcott road reopened to the public and once again asthmatics could come to the casualty for their injections. In GH surgeons failed to extract the bullet. Some days after discharge feeling something loose in the back of his throat MGR went back to hospital where a surgeon removed the bullet by a simple incision. The bullet had loosened and eroded towards the surface as foreign bodies often do. In the court case that followed M.R. Radha was sentenced to a term of imprisonment. He was released in due course and died a free man. C.N. Annadurai became chief minister but he passed away within two years (3 Feb 1969) and M. Karunanithi took over. The M. Karunanithi – MGR rivalry that followed is too fresh to need retelling. MGR’s splinter party won the election in 1977 and he was Chief Minister till his death in 1987 after a long illness. M. Karunanithi again became Chief Minister and now in his eighties continues in the post as alert and nimble of speech as ever.
I was happy that the patients had left for a very special reason. I had tickets for the test match in nearby Chepauk grounds that was to start the next day when India was to meet the West Indies led by Sobers with Kanhai and Wes Hall in the team. The next five playing days the packed stadium watched exhilarating cricket. On day one Engineer missed a century before lunch by 4 runs, Kanhai scored 80 and Sobers scored 95 in the first innings and a match saving 75 not out in the second. The sight that endures in memory is that of Sobers standing languidly bat in hand facing Chandrasekar, and Bedi and Prasanna. The cover point and mid off fielders are on the boundary. When Sobers is on song he times his drives with such ferocity that only boundary riders have any hope of fielding the ball.
From this, it is clear that MGR’s famous lisp was not because of the shot but because of the surgical operation that followed it.
CCTV footage shows Delhi Police guy planting explosives in Delhi as part of JK returning-terrorist frameup!
This pathan guy is not going to show up alive. By the time NIA gets to it, the Special Cell of Delhi Police would have had plenty of time to remove evidence that he ever existed.
It was not that NIA had done some real investigative work. It was sheer incompetence (the bane of Indian bureacracy) of the Special Cell (SC) of Delhi Police that they got caught.
This is not the first time that the Delhi Police Special Cell (SC) got into trouble like this. Gareth Porter has written a series of articles on how the Special Cell has been manufacturing evidence and framing up Muslims in their phony “war against terror.”
In 2012, the Special Cell said that a 50-year-old senior Muslim journalist had confessed to have helping an Iranian attach and detonate a bomb on the car of an Israeli embassy woman when it was waiting at a traffic stop. After the bomb exploded and destroyed the car, the woman still managed to reach the embassy without assistance. I read in the Bangalore Mirror that a Bangalore resident was on the scene and that when people offered to take her to hospital, the woman insisted “No hospital. Israel embassy. Israel embassy.”
Gaps in India’s ‘Iran’ bomb case
By Gareth Porter | 30 August 2012
Only Indian journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi has been officially charged in the case – according to police, Kazmi confessed to helping officials from Iran plan the bombing plot in return for payments totalling US$5,500. The treatment of Irani and the other Iranians as suspects also depends very heavily on “disclosure statements” supposedly made by Kazmi but denounced by the journalist as police fabrications.
A central problem for the SC case is that it has no eyewitness testimony for its contention that Irani planted the bomb on the Israeli embassy car. A hotel security camera showed that Irani left the hotel the morning of the explosion wearing a black jacket. Irani had also rented a black Honda Karizma. But eyewitness Gopal Krishanan, who was driving the car that was directly behind the embassy car and thus had a clear view of the motorcycle rider when he attached the bomb to the rear of the car, said he was certain the rider had a red motorcycle and was wearing a red helmet and red jacket. The police were convinced by his testimony. Tal Yehoshua-Koren, who was injured in the attack but was able to get to the Israeli embassy without assistance, later told investigators she thought the attacker had been riding a black motorcycle and wearing a black jacket and helmet. A senior police officer involved in the case told the Indian Express, however, that Yehoshua-Koren could not be certain of the color of the motorcycle.
The police continued to search for a red motorcycle after obtaining her statement, as was widely reported in the Indian press. Only after the SC decided that Irani was the bomber did the police switch to the position that the bomber had been riding a black motorcycle and wearing a black helmet and jacket.
The police claim to have recovered from Irani’s hotel room seven items on which the government’s Central Forensic Science Laboratory found traces of TNT – the same explosive that the bomb affixed to the embassy car contained. But the SC violated several police procedures in regard to that evidence, suggesting that it may have been planted by the Special Cell. It was not until February 29, 16 days after Irani left the hotel, that the room was sealed by police. Even worse, another two weeks passed before it was actually inspected by the Special Cell on March 13, according to the charge sheet. Ordinarily, the passage of that much time between the date the items were allegedly left behind and their discovery would call into question the authenticity of the evidence. On July 28, a few days before the charge sheet was made public, the manager of the hotel produced an occupancy chart showing that Irani’s room had not been used during the 16 days between his departure and the police order to seal the room. The chart, which the hotel manager had plenty of time to prepare for the police, makes the highly unlikely claim that Irani’s room was not occupied by any guest during the 16-day period. The effort to show that the room had not been altered after Irani left it still fails to address the awkward question of how so much evidence could have been found in Iranis room long after it would have been cleaned up by hotel staff. The belated occupancy chart only makes the forensic evidence claimed by the police appear even more suspicious.
In the follow-up article, it just gets worse.
Delhi police fumble ‘Iran’ bomb probe
By Gareth Porter | 1 September 2012
WASHINGTON – The Delhi Police Special Cell, which has accused an Indian journalist and four Iranians of conspiring to bomb an Israeli embassy car in Delhi on February 13, has a long history of planting evidence on those it has accused and of obtaining false confessions, according to court records now cited by critics of the police unit.
The Special Cell (SC) was organised in 1986 to investigate terrorism and major crimes, but it has been given such wide latitude in its operations that it has violated legal norms with complete impunity, critics say. The unit’s efforts to frame those it accuses have been so obvious – often employing the same tactics over and over again – that a significant majority of its cases have been rejected by judges in recent years. Of the 174 individuals against whom the SC has brought charges from 2006 through 2011, 119 of them – nearly 70% – have been acquitted, according to official figures obtained under India’s Right to Information Act by activist Gopal Prasad. The SC response to that development has been to leak false confessions and evidence to the news media in a largely unsuccessful effort to sway judges.
A report, soon to be published by the Jamia Teachers’ Solidarity Association and a copy of which has been obtained by IPS, of 16 terrorism cases brought by the SC from 1992 to 2008 documents a consistent pattern of irregularities in police procedures that led the courts to conclude that the police had framed those who had been accused. The report’s detailed accounts of the cases are based entirely on conclusions reached by the judges in rejecting the central claims of the SC. Among the most prominent irregularities documented in the report are those relating to incriminating evidence said to have been seized from suspects and to alleged confessions. Typical of the SC terrorism cases described in the report is the case of Salman Kurshid Kori. The SC claimed that it arrested Kori and two other Muslim men as operatives of the militant Islamic group Lashkar-e-Toiba in December 2006. The SC reported seizing explosives, detonators and hand grenades from bags carried by each of the three men. But the judge for the case heard evidence that the accused had been detained much earlier than the dates cited by police. He also pointed out that there were no public witnesses to the seizure of the weapons, contrary to normal police procedures, despite the fact that a crowd had gathered to witness the arrest. Even more telling, the “seizure memo”, which should have been written at the site of the seizure well before the “First Information Report” (FIR) was filed in the case, was found to have been written in the same handwriting and ink as the FIR. Those obvious signs of police deception convinced the judge that the SC had framed the three men. The SC officer who supervised the interrogation and arrest of the three men was then-assistant commissioner of Police Sanjeev Yadav, now an Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police and in charge of the embassy car bomb case.
In the 2005 case of Moinuddin Dar and Bashir Amad Shah described by Sethi, the SC claimed that the two men were Kashmiri terrorists who had come to Delhi from Kashmir carrying 450,000 rupees (US$8,000) in a car loaded with arms and ammunition, after the SC had been informed by a confidential source when and where they were arriving. Upon arrest, the two men had allegedly confessed to their terrorist plan. But Sethi recounted that the case soon fell apart in court when the judge found that the car full of arms and ammunition had been “planted” and “used as a tool to falsely implicate the accused persons in this case”. He found that the police vehicle that was supposed to have taken the police team to the site of the arrest had actually not moved that day, and that the two men had been held illegally by police in a hotel room for two weeks. After investigating another 2006 SC terrorism case, India’s Central Bureau of Investigation called for three SC officers to be charged with lying under oath and creating false evidence. But despite several instances in which courts directed the Delhi Police Commissioner to initiate legal action against officers of the SC for various abuses, none have yet been punished.
Why is the Delhi Police Special Cell, Intelligence Bureau and other state police departments doing this? These frameups require quite a lot of effort. These personnel are after all like any other government employees. As any Indian knows, government employees rarely do any real work unless money is involved. Somebody is paying them huge sums of money. Who is it?
Archive.org & GitHub blocked by a-holes in Indian Intelligence Bureau and national security establishment! Can these incompetent fools protect you from terrorists?
These idiots can’t tell an URL from a website but they want hundreds or thousands of crores of rupees to fight “cyber” (cyber-security contracts to shady American/Israeli firms).
The Department of Telecom is so much involved in corruption and incompetence that they couldn’t have come up with any national security threat from these websites. Then who recommended their blocking? Obviously, it was the longtime Pakistani spy who currently acts as the national security advisor to Modi. Or, it is the Intelligence Bureau who briefs the PM daily on imagined threats dreamed up by US/UK embassy officials.